EducationPh.D. in Chemistry, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
B.S. in Chemistry, University of the Philippines, Los Baños, Philippines
Research and Teaching ExperienceAssistant Professor, 2011 - Present
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, Erie, PA
- Studies the mechanistic and structural properties of heme proteins.
- Published 3 journals.
- Funded 1 grant proposal.
- Teaches general and physical chemistry.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2007 - 2011; Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow, 2009 - 2010
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Elucidated the electronic and vibrational spectra of different heme and non-heme enzymes using different spectroscopic and computational methods.
- Published 5 journals and 1 book chapter.
- Taught general chemistry, and chemical principles & introduction to quantum chemistry.
- Trained students on various spectroscopic techniques and enzyme expression & purification.
Graduate Research Assistant, 2003 - 2007; Teaching Assistant, 2002 - 2003
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- Investigated the spectroscopic properties of carotenoids in proteins and polyenes in solution.
- Published 4 journals.
- Taught general chemistry lab.
- Trained undergraduate students on chromatography and spectroscopy techniques.
Instructor, 1999 - 2002
University of the Philippines, Davao City, Philippines
- Taught general, introductory organic and analytical chemistry.